Chemical formula: CH3 (CH2) 4CH3 n-hexane
International name: HEXANE
CAS No: 110-54-3 (n-hexane)
Appearance: Clear, colorless liquid
Packing: drums, 133kg, 1 liter bottle
Storage: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area
Hexane (n-Hexane) - limiting unbranched hydrocarbon; colorless, transparent, mobile, flammable liquid with a faint odor. Practically not miscible with water, readily soluble in many organic solvents. Chemical properties typical hexane saturated hydrocarbons - it is quite inert, but under certain conditions reacts oxidation, halogenation, nitration, sulfochlorination. In reforming conditions isomerizes n-hexane and isohexane and dehydrogenated to benzene.
n-hexane, contained significant quantities of gasoline direct distillation. Larger amounts are in isohexane catalytic cracking gasoline and alkylate gasoline.
Hexane (n-hexane) is used
• as solvents and thinners for paints, varnishes;
• as a degreasing agent;
• the extraction of vegetable oils
• as a non-polar solvent for chemical reactions;
• as an extractant of vegetable oils from natural raw materials;
• as a liquid in low temperature thermometers;
• 2,2-dimethylbutane and 2,3-dimethylbutane - are used as additives to motor fuel, improving its quality.