Chemical formula: K2S2O8
International name: POTASSIUM PERSULFATE
CAS No: 7727-21-1
Appearance: white crystalline powder
Packing: bags of 25 kg
Storage: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area
Potassium persulfate - in the form of fine crystals or triclinic prisms (for slow crystallization) large tabular crystals. At a temperature of about 100 ° C reagent starts to produce O2. Soluble in water (5.03% at 20 ° C). Under the action of a solution of preparation of certain heavy metals salts decomposed into K2S2O8 K2SO4, H2SO4 and O2, wherein the metal ions are capable of producing higher oxidation compounds (as Mn2 +, Ni2 +, Co2 +), in an alkaline medium to form ferrous hydroxide precipitation.
• Potassium persulfate can be prepared by reacting persulfate concentrated solutions of ammonium chloride and potassium: (NH4) 2S2O8 + 2KCl = K2S2O8 + 2NH4Cl
The resulting product generally corresponds reagents of hours.
• Potassium persulfate K2S2O8 can be obtained by expanding the ammonium salt of potassium hydroxide:
(NH4) 2S2O8 + KOH = K2S2O8 + + 2H2O NH3b
Potassium persulfate is intended for use
• as a catalyst for polymerization and
condensing the preparation of synthetic rubbers, latexes, and plastics,
• Bleaching of various substances
• in the laboratory and others.