Synonyms: Sodium tetraborate decahydrate, borax, sodium tetraborate
Chemical formula: Na2B4O7 * 10H2O
International name: SODIUM TETRABORATE DECAHYDRATE
CAS No: 1330-43-4 (Anhydrous) 1303-96-4 (Decahydrate)
Appearance: colorless crystalline powder, a mass of white color
Packing: bags of 25 kg
Storage: Store in a dry, well ventilated place
Sodium tetraborate (sodium tetraborate decahydrate, Borax) Na2B4O7 * 10H2O - colorless crystalline powder in bulk, white.
Sodium tetraborate 10 water Na2B4O7 * 10H2O (sodium tetraborate decahydrate, decahydrate Borax) - is an excellent source of boron oxide and is widely used in various branches of industrial production.
• In the production of specialty glass, fiberglass and fiberglass. Borax (sodium tetraborate) facilitates the melting of the charge, reduces the melt viscosity prevents devitrification, which leads to increased strength, resistance to mechanical, chemical and thermal exposure of the final product, the use of borax promotes fiberizing process, which leads to hardening of glass, chemical resistance, improved heat - and sound-proof characteristics.
• In the production of enamels and glazes borax (sodium tetraborate) is used as a source of boron oxide. The composition of glazes and enamels included as the inorganic binder.
• Metallurgy. Borax is used as a source of boron oxide - antioxidant agent.
• Gold mining. During the processing of gold ore is used mainly anhydrous borax. The effect of the application of anhydrous borax: increase gold recovery, improving the quality of the ingots.
• Borax (sodium tetraborate) is widely used in the production, antifreeze, brake fluids and lubricants, as reacts with iron on the surface of the metal complex compound acts as a protective barrier against corrosion.
• Sodium tetraborate (borax) used in the construction of steel structures as a corrosion inhibitor. In the production ecowool, adhesives, chipboard, as a flame retardant and antiseptic.
• Production of detergents, cleaners and brighteners.
Borax (Sodium tetraborate) is a starting component in the production of sodium perborate - the main oxygen-containing bleaching agent in powdered detergents, polishes, natirok.