Synonyms: Tin chloride, 2-water, tin chloride, tin salt, tin (II) chloride, 2-water, tin (II) chloride dihydrate
Chemical formula: SnCl2 • 2H2O
International name: STANNOUS DICHLORATED
CAS No: 10025-69-1
Appearance: white powder
Packing: drums, 25 kg
Storage: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area
Tin dichloride (tin chloride) water 2 - colorless crystals in the mass of white color. Soluble in water and in alcohol, ether, acetone. Easily oxidized in air.
Prepared tin dichloride (tin chloride, tin salt) by reacting with Sn Cl2, HCl or other metal chlorides.
Tin dichloride (tin chloride) is used
• as a catalyst for the polymerization of epoxides,
• as a reducing agent in organic synthesis,
• as a mordant in dyeing fabrics,
• a surface treatment of glass and plastics before metallization to improve adhesion,
• a component of flux during welding,
• for Sn, as a reagent for the determination of Cl 2, I, Hg2 +, Fe3 + et al.,
• bleach petroleum oils and others.