Synonyms: Zinc sulfate heptahydrate, zinc sulfate, zinc sulfate
Chemical formula: ZnSO4 * 7H2O
International name: ZINC SULFATE, 7-HYDRATE
CAS No: 7446-20-0 (heptahydrate)
Appearance: white crystalline powder
Packing: bags of 25 kg
Storage: Store in a dry, well-ventilated room at a temperature of 2-40 ° C
Zinc sulphate (zinc sulfate heptahydrate, zinc sulfate) - a white crystalline powder or crystals, vyvetrivayuschiesya air. From solutions at temperatures below 38,8 ° C crystallizes ZnSO4 • 7H2O (zinc sulfate), ranging from 38,8 ° C to 70 ° C - ZnSO4 • 6H2O, above 70 ° C the monohydrate is formed ZnSO4 • H2O. Last dehydrated at 238 ° C. Zinc sulphate in the range of 600-900 ° C decomposes into ZnO and SO3.
Zinc sulfate (zinc sulfate) was obtained by evaporation and crystallization from solutions (passing to the production of zinc).
The use of zinc sulphate
Zinc sulphate is used
• in laboratory practice,
• in the chemical industry
• in the production of viscose rayon fiber in the textile industry - a mordant
• in the pulp and paper industry - Bleacher
• in mineral paints, glazes,
• metallurgy (flotoreagent), electroplating
• medical and pharmaceutical production of eye drops, in dentistry
• how microfertilizer and feed additives, etc..