Chemical formula: NH4F
International name: Ammonium fluoride
CAS No: 12125-01-8
Appearance: colorless crystals
Packing: bags of 25 kg
Storage: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area
Ammonium fluoride (ammonium fluoride) - colorless crystals, readily soluble in water, deliquescent in moist air, the decomposition temperature of 167 ° C (to NH3 and NH4HF2).
Ammonium fluoride (fluoride) at - 27,4 ° C forms a monohydrate, below 0 ° C - solid solutions with ice; aqueous solutions when heated decomposes with the evolution of ammonia. Ammonium fluoride is toxic, fire and explosion safe.
Ammonium fluoride is obtained by reacting gaseous NH3 and HF or their aqueous p-moat.
The use of ammonium fluoride
Ammonium fluoride (ammonium fluoride) is used
• as a fluorinating agent in the production of lithium fluoride LiF, BeF2, aluminum fluoride, AlF3, etc .;
• the preparation of hydrofluoric acid by sodium difluoride NaHF2;
• as a component solutions for cleaning boilers and pipes from scale, fluorite concentrates on quartz and calcite,
• as a component of the etching of semiconductors, glass and some metals, for hydrothermal growth of single crystals of quartz and amethyst,
• in the form of solutions and pastes used as a wood preservative and a mordant in textile and other industries.