Chemical formula: (NH4) 2SO4
International name: Ammonium sulfate
CAS No: 7783-20-2
Appearance: colorless crystals in a mass of white color
Packing: bags of 50 kg, 25 kg
Storage: Store in a cool dry place, in a well-ventilated area
Ammonium sulfate (ammonium sulfate) - crystals of rhombic system, pl. 1.769 g / cm3. The reagent is very soluble in water (43.0% at 20 ° C) insoluble in ethanol. At 355 ° C decomposes to ammonia and the acid salt.
The use of ammonium sulfate
Ammonium sulfate (ammonium sulfate, ammonium sulfate) is used
• water treatment components
• biological treatment plants as a nutrient medium for bacterial cultures
• in the wood industry
• the stabilizing agent in the manufacture of urea - formaldehyde and melamine-formaldehyde resins
• in the leather industry, in the production of tanning liquid.
• in the paper industry in the manufacture of refractory paper and others.